RELAX. SIT. EAT.
When was the last time you sat down, took a few deep breaths, thanked your food, and really enjoyed your meal? Too often we eat our food on the go, in our cars, or even while we running from meeting to meeting. When we eat in a stressed state, our food doesn’t always properly digest. This can cause indigestion, heartburn, and being bloated. You want to make sure your body is in a relaxed state, so you can release all of the proper enzymes that your body needs to digest your food.
Here are a few tips you can follow to make sure you truly appreciate your food:
1) Put the phone away, and turn off the TV. Focus on what is in front of you, not external distractions. Playing music or talking to friends can be relaxing.
2) Take 5 slow deep breaths.
3) Thank your food as it will be nourishing your body.
4) Eat slowly, and don’t rush the process. Even if you only have 5 minutes, you can make this a mindful experience. “ Drink your food and chew your water”- Ghandi
5) Eat until you are 75% full. It can take your body up to 20 minutes to really feel full, so be mindful when you are beginning to feel full. Enjoy your meals! Namaste,
“ Drink your food and chew your water ”
Photography / Alex Dumas
partners and sponsors