Posted on September 25, 2018
Words / Rikki Heiken
The Benefits of A Heated Workout...
You may have been to or heard of a hot yoga class – but did you know the trend of working out in heated spaces has trickled into other fitness classes? These days you can find Pilates, barre and more at popular studios in Miami. With the increasingly popular trend of heated workouts you may be asking yourself – it’s already so hot here, why must my workout be hot?
We already know the many benefits to working out – cardiovascular health, aids in weight loss and overall, just makes you feel GOOD, but what about taking your workout to the next level and finding a heated studio for your next class? The many benefits to working out in a heated studio include:
1. You burn more calories. Your body is working harder to cool itself off so you’re doing double the work
2. When you’re sweating, your detoxing your body of toxins that have a negative impact on your health
3. There’s less risk of injury because your body is warm the second you enter the studio allowing
formore flexibility and range
4. More of your time is spent working because there’s no need to spend the first 15 minutes of yourhour workout warming up
5. Sweating boosts your immune system by fighting germs and pathogens
6. You reduce bloating, sweat out the salt and retain the calcium in your bones
And most of all… you leave feeling truly accomplished. Not only did you get in a workout, but you did it in intense conditions that challenged your body, taking your workout regimen to the next level.If you’re interested in trying a heated workout, check out Sweat Studio in North Miami. They have a variety of classes, including Pilates, barre, TRX and more, all in a heated studio. The schedule is designed so that you can try a different style of workout each day and of course work up a tremendous sweat!
Rikki Heiken is the owner and lead instructor at Sweat where she teaches TRX, Pilates, barre and more.