Carillon Miami Hosts an Integrative Emotional Wellness Retreat for Women
Body Care , June 30, 2022
The internationally renowned relationship therapist Dr. Paul Hokemeyer and Corey Spiegel, the founder of the women's networking group Light House and one of the most sought-after moderators on women's empowerment and wellness, have joined forces to launch Integrative Emotional Wellness: a Holistic Retreat for Women at Carillon Miami Wellness Resort. Beginning on July 8, 2022, this revolutionary, ground-breaking, and empirically supported series on emotional wellbeing will provide a number of courses during the summer and a weekend retreat from September 30 to October 3.
The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 40% of people have a variety of post-pandemic emotional pressures, and recent evidence indicates that women experience these problems at significantly higher rates than males. In order to address these issues, Integrative Emotional Wellness: a Holistic Retreat for Women offers its visitors the extraordinary chance to totally immerse themselves in a stunning and tranquil setting along North Miami's renowned Atlantic Ocean. Sessions have been specifically chosen for women of all ages and will offer a healing environment with evidence-based, all-natural treatments that are clinically successful in promoting mental wellbeing.
“Over the course of the pandemic, I saw a surge in people struggling with a host of emotional wellness issues such as angst, sadness, insomnia and a general sense of disease,” says Dr. Hokemeyer. “Now, as we are emerging from the pandemic, I’m seeing these same issues manifest in people who are exhausted from the weight of their lives and the world, which has become even more chaotic and fractured. Personally and professionally, I’m thrilled to help people transcend the challenges of the past three years in a world-class facility like Carillon.”
Dr. Hokemeyer and Ms. Spiegel will host workshops that cover the science behind toxic relationships and offer tailored detoxification techniques throughout the event. Ms. Spiegel
will go deeply into relevant and significant themes, providing participants with a safe space to discuss their experiences, be vulnerable, and pay attention to another viewpoint, allowing each woman to leave with knowledge, understanding, and purpose.
Session topics include:
● The Neuroanatomy of Emotional Discomfort and Hyper-Reactivity: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S. This session will explore the biological underpinning of anxiety disorders, as well as treatment interventions that can effectively manage and reduce anxiety.
● The Art of Aging Gratefully: How much time and money are we willing to spend on stopping the clock against aging? The upkeep is simply exhausting. This session will explore how we can put our best face forward and start accepting the natural beauty in each of us.
● Wanna Be Friends? A Guide to Making and Keeping Grownup Friends: There's no shortage of books teaching us how to parent, eat well and have better sex. But friendships? We'll get real about the perplexities of adult friendships and then we'll discover new ways to find “our people.”
● Identity: Understanding the importance of self-perception while exploring the many things that shape and give us our sense of self.
● The Importance of Touch, Smell, and Breath: A fascinating discussion on how humans, particularly those with anxiety, navigate the world through their senses, and how those senses can be used to effectively manage the intensity of day-to-day living.
● Bringing You Back to You: A highly interactive and engaging session revealing how to connect with oneself, truly unwind and embrace joy.
● Mindset / Reflective Listening / Emotional Vocabulary: Together we’ll examine the concept of personal schemas, and how we can create more balanced perspectives to improve feelings, deal with situations and move forward effectively.
“Whether you’re in the midst of a major life, relationship or career change, confronting a major life decision or simply wanting to reevaluate your place in the world, the programming that Dr. Hokemeyer and I created is meant to reset your emotional and physical circuitry,” explains Ms.
Spiegel. “The sessions will help provide participants with a foundation of calm, clarity and purpose, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to bring this to life with none other than Dr. Hokemeyer and Carillon Miami Wellness Resort.”
The Carillon Miami Wellness Resort, which has the largest spa and wellness center on the Eastern Seaboard (70,000 square feet), plush lodging in roomy apartments, and recreational options like a two-story indoor rock wall, swimming pools, and blissful Atlantic beaches, is also open to participants in addition to the sessions.